How to: Aeropress
We bought a few new toys this week, including a couple of Aeropresses.
What is an Aeropress?
How to use the Aeropress:My current method follows this video guide from Tim Wendelboe. [I should probably issue a Barry White warning on that video.] You'll need: 15g coffee, 220mL boiled water, and something to press into (your cup will do as long as it's big enough).
- Grind the coffee for filter - coarser than espresso but not as coarse as plunger.
- Fit the paper filter into its holder and give it a very good rinse with boiled water to get rid of any paper flavour.
- Attach the filter holder, put the bottom section on your receptacle, then pour in the coffee and water and stir well.
- Let steep for 45 seconds.
- Stir again, fit the plunger and press down firmly (and carefully). The "plunge" should be 10-15 seconds - if it's more or less, you should adjust the grind fineness for future brews.